Tamex’s policy of 'Stop, Think Green' sees the organisation complete an annual review of the carbon footprint in each branch.
Tamex's Environmental Policy
Tamex is committed to minimising its ecological footprint by pursuing environmental best practice and the prevention of pollution throughout its entire operation.
All staff are encouraged to indentify and report areas where an improvement can be made on the environmental impact.
It is widely recognised that the transport industry makes a large contribution to the world’s carbon footprint. With this in mind, where possible, Tamex’s fleet consists of fuel efficient vehicles. Tamex is Clean Fleet accredited by the Roads & Traffic authority.
All paper, cardboard, bottles, cans, shrink wrap and foam is recycled
Environmental Management Commitment
Reflecting its role in the sustainable management and conservation of Australia’s environment, Tamex is committed to minimising its own ecological footprint by pursuing environmental best practice and the prevention of pollution throughout its entire operation.
Through a process of continual improvement, our company aims to lead its service providers and suppliers in effective and efficient operational practices, providing a role model for others to follow.
Through our policy of “rethink, reduce, reuse, repair and recycle" the company will:
- Identify, review and manage our environmental impacts, potential risks and opportunities for improvement.
- That any goods (of a chemical nature or otherwise) carried or used by the company are handled in a legal and safe manner with adequate provision for handling any incident, anywhere.
- Develop and implement an Environmental Management Program to continually improve performance and realise opportunities for environmentally positive contribution.
- Reduce our landfill waste, greenhouse gas emissions and other pollution, further reduce our consumption of power and water and employ environmental considerations in purchasing decisions such as vehicle replacement.
- Regularly monitor and report on our environmental performance.
- Actively promote and encourage the adoption of ecologically sustainable work practices and operations within our organisation and that of our associates, clients and the general community.
- Communicate this commitment to all staff and make this policy available on the company’s website.